Mission Statement: “Sharing our passion for mead(Honey Wine).”
The goal of Gulf Coast Mead Fest is to have a good time sharing meads, teach basics, and getting to know others who make or just enjoy mead.
Again this year admittance and parking are free! This is a casual, t-shirt and jeans event.
The mead and wine competitions are judged by the people attending. Please register when you arrive so you can taste and vote on entries in the competition. The first 200 people over 21 who register will get to vote. Only people attending the event may enter the competitions - that's what makes this the "Gulf Coast Mead Fest"!
This event is also designed for people wanting to learn about mead and sample some of the great meads being made around the Gulf Coast.
Tastings(and bottles) will be available from:
Frascone Winery/Mystik Oak
All three won awards at the 2016Texas Mead Cup.
5 Tasting ticket for $5 - 1 oz. pours on tastings
Mead tasting will be at and around the pavilon. Wine tasting will be at the Winery tasting room across the street.
Gulf Coast Mead Fest is on the property of Frascone Winery in the southern part of Anahuac called Oak Island near Double Bayou. This lovely community is laid back and friendly.
Please explore the rest of this website for more information
- Frascone Winery / Mystik Oak
- GRIFFIN MEADERY
- BULL'S THROW DOWN BBQ & CATERING
- CRANE MEADOWS Local Honey & Products from the hive
- Grancracker's Attic Best Soaps on the Gulf Coast
- E's Pralines N Things Awesome Pralines and other sweets
- THE BREW SHOP Brewing supplies
- Bayou City Photography Beautiful and fun Fine Art Photographs
- Primos Coffee Our favorite fresh local(Cove, Tx) roasted coffee
- Christine's Creations
- Antlers and More - Hand crafted deer antler & wood. Ink pens, bottle stoppers, Christmas ornaments, pendants, key chains, buttons & toggles. Essential Oils.
- ...room for a few more vendors...
- ... what do you have to offer? Click here for Vendor Application